The New Jersey Department of Health is a nationally accredited state public health agency..Yahoo Lifestyle is your source for style, beauty, and wellness, including health, inspiring stories, and the latest fashion trends..
Moved Permanently. Redirecting to health.Get energizing workout moves, healthy recipes, and advice on losing weight and feeling great from Health.com. Find out how to manage diabetes and depression, prevent hearts, and more..
Related images to Vegetarian diet helps keep Indian gut healthy: Study | health
Scientists from Translational Health Science and Technology Institute in Faridabad found that gram positive bacteria is more populous in the gut of Indians than gram negative, as believed earlier.
The human digestive tract is populated by trillions of bacteria that aid digestion by breaking down certain food types that the human body cannot digest. Gut microbes are also responsible for turning the inactive drug we take orally into active compounds.
“Past studies of the India microbiome had shown that the gram negative bacteria was more populous in the Indian gut, but that was because the kit being used to analyse the DNA was more sensitive to gram negative bacteria than gram positive ones,” said Dr Babatosh Das, the lead researcher on paper, published in the journal, Scientific Reports .
Other articles you might like;
- Should McDonald’s really be jumping on the vegan bandwagon?
- Bill O’Reilly Sat Down With Matt Lauer To Address Sexual Harrassment Claims
- How Using Euphemisms for Vaginas Can Impact Our Lives Negatively
- Prince William Is Low-Key About Security Breach at George’s School
- Here’s Why Ellen DeGeneres Just Might Be the Most Charitable Person Alive