One such advocate is American woman, Katie Boyd, who recently shared her story with womenshealthmag.com.
Katie switched to the fad diet as a solution to what she describes as a “perfect storm” of unhealthy habits.
She worked long hours, was constantly tired and turned to takeaway food because it was an easier option. “French fries sound way better than a salad when you’re tired and overwhelmed from working a 16-hour day,” she told the publication.
Interestingly, she points out she was also vegan at the time “which was not helping me—all I ate was carbs, which made me feel constantly hungry, tired, and grouchy.”
Other articles you might like;
- Should McDonald’s really be jumping on the vegan bandwagon?
- Bill O’Reilly Sat Down With Matt Lauer To Address Sexual Harrassment Claims
- How Using Euphemisms for Vaginas Can Impact Our Lives Negatively
- Prince William Is Low-Key About Security Breach at George’s School
- Here’s Why Ellen DeGeneres Just Might Be the Most Charitable Person Alive