Like many modern film geeks, I was personally heavily influenced by the likes of Kevin Smith. His early films were a massive part of my film education back in high school, and while I tend to enjoy his commentary on film and geek news more than his actual movies, that doesn’t change just how influential he was to me. I’m sure this applies to many of you readers as well.
It’s with that in mind that it came as quite the shock when it was revealed that he’d suffered a massive heart attack following a recording of one of his specials. It was especially shocking since he had very publicly been losing weight over the past few years prior to the heart attack. Luckily, Smith survived and has since gone on to overhaul his lifestyle, switching to a vegan diet out of necessity.
Other articles you might like;
- Should McDonald’s really be jumping on the vegan bandwagon?
- Bill O’Reilly Sat Down With Matt Lauer To Address Sexual Harrassment Claims
- How Using Euphemisms for Vaginas Can Impact Our Lives Negatively
- Prince William Is Low-Key About Security Breach at George’s School
- Here’s Why Ellen DeGeneres Just Might Be the Most Charitable Person Alive